Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sushi Me This


This may look like sushi, but it's not! It is a birthday cake! Chocolate marble cake, with French buttercream, and fondant. I was challenged by a friend to make a "sushi" cake for her husband's birthday cake surprise. Everything, except the plate, is edible (no seafood or vegetables were harmed), including the "wasabi" and "chopsticks" (I hand-painted authentic Chinese "letters" with food coloring on fondant chopsticks).
My plan is to add at least one new cake a month (time permitting) and hopefully open a cake bakery in the next year or two. If you have a need for a "far-out" cake and you're in Oregon (or near the Wash. border), the mothership is waiting for your request...

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I'm Brett and Britt's friend in Provo. All I can say is whoa. That's beautiful. How'd you do the rice? I love to decorate cakes too but am not nearly in this league. I'm excited to meet you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete